Saturday, December 12, 2015

Starting Capstone Projects!

Recently, my cohort has been involved in the first round of Capstone projects where we went from 11 total games to 5. I was placed on the team Sketch Artist, a group of five people, as their only artist for the first round (which was super intimidating!). It was really difficult to work as an only artist for three weeks, especially during final projects period, but it definitely paid off! My entire team is amazing and we managed to make the first cut and are now one of five games to make it to the next round!
Now I will be working with a group of ten people, including two other artists, and I am both grateful and fortunate to have been entrusted with the position of Art Lead for Sketch Artist by our professors and art classmates. Jose Morales and Kelly Rodak will be joining me on this crazy adventure now, and I'm so lucky to have them on my team!
I'm very excited to continue moving on with Sketch Artist and pushing it through to the end, we plan to go all the way!

Below is some of the art I did for Sketch Artist for the first round. My entire team was incredibly helpful with coming up with ideas for quirky, enjoyable lineups that would keep the humor of the game!












I can't believe how lucky I got with my team, I am with a really amazing group of talented people. I am excited to work with them in this coming semester and can't wait to see what amazing things we'll create together!

If you would like to watch the capstone pitches, below is a link to our Youtube video. I presented horribly because I was terribly nervous, but our producer Joey Llobet did an awesome job! Sketch Artist was the 5th pitch, but if you have the time it's definitely worth taking a look at all of the pitches from Cohort 12! Everyone did a great job. We're at timestamp ~1:37:10.
Link to the exact time for Sketch Artist: https://youtu.be/qXuOzxKkcf4?t=5829



No comments:

Post a Comment