Monday, October 12, 2015

Dinosaurs!

We just finished up round two of RPP! RPP stands for Rapid Prototype Production, a class every track has together at the Florida Interactive Entertainment Academy (FIEA). We get two weeks to make a game with a small team of 5 people, composed of any combination of 1-2 Producers, 1-2 Programmers, and 1-2 Artists. This round my team worked on a dinosaur narrative-based game where you are a mother Utah Raptor taking her three eggs to safety during a volcano eruption. We built it in Unreal Engine and our programmer set it up to where your footsteps cause different events to trigger. It was a really fun project!

At the end, the player was "rewarded" with an image of the babies hatching from a safe location, confirmation that you saved them from volcano death! I speed-painted the image in Photoshop and plan to add more work to it when I get some time, I'll repost it again as soon as I get more time to keep painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment